Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Water Main Breaks 
(water bubbling up out of ditch or running into street)

Call the Operator at (785) 418-1323. 

No Water In Your Home 

1. Check all the faucets in your house, including your outside hydrant. Objects can sometimes get clogged inside your service lines, temporarily disrupting service to a specific faucet. For example, you have no water in your kitchen, but have normal pressure and volume in your bathroom, you should call a plumber for this repair. 

2. If you experience a sudden loss of pressure and volume in all the faucets of your home, call the Operator at (785) 418-1323. The pressure decrease could be caused by a break in the water main or a break in one of your service lines. Pursuant to the By-Laws of this District, the line from the meter to the house is the homeowner's responsibility. 

Suspicious Activity 
Please call the Operator at (785) 418-1323 to report any suspicious activity that you witness. This includes activity near the water mains, water treatment plant, or a fire hydrant.

[ 1-800-344-7233 ]
In Kansas, and many surrounding states, it is the law to "Call before you Dig."  

If you have any plans to excavate dirt, plant trees, install a new fence, etc., you must call DigSafe before you dig.

Utility companies, including us, will be notified and will mark the requested area with  paint and/or flags to indicate the presence of underground utility lines.

Get more information on DigSafe and Kansas One-Call.