November 19, 2019
Interested in serving your community? The Franklin County Rural Water District No. 1 has two board positions coming up for election at its next annual meeting on Tuesday, February 18, 2020. This is an excellent opportunity to serve your community and ensure your family and friends have a safe and reliable water system for years to come.
Our seven-member board of directors meets monthly on the third Tuesday of each month for approximately two to three hours. Board members are elected for a three year term, and duties include:
1. Meeting the needs of the customers being served by the district;
2. Setting policies and procedures that will guide the district's board and personnel;
3. Establishing goals for the water district to ensure its long-term integrity;
4. Reviewing and adjusting water rates as necessary to ensure long-range goals can be met and that the system can be properly operated and maintained;
5. Ensuring water district funds are spent responsibly; and
6. Attending monthly board meetings.
It is imperative that the district have reliable, professional and concerned board members to ensure our district continues to have an abundant supply of safe, quality water at the most reasonable cost.
If you are a member of the district and are interested in serving on this board, contact our office at 785-242-5508 OR come to one of the regular monthly board meetings. The next meeting is tonight, beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the water office at 107 East 2nd Street in Ottawa.
For more information about the responsibilities of board members, go to the "Forms & Reports" tab on our website.