« Back to News & Notices

It's Good to Have Options!

For your convenience, we offer a number of ways to submit your payment.  Beginning April 16 you can enroll to have your water bill paid by automatic deduction  from your checking or savings account.

How can I sign up for automatic bill payment?

Return a completed authorization agreement form to the District office.  You can pick up the form at the office or pull if off this website (after April 16) under the "Forms and Reports" tab.

What happens when I sign up for an automatic bill payment?

Your financial institution automatically deducts the amount due for your water bill from your checking or savings account.

When will the financial institution deduct it from my account?

Deductions will be made ten (10) days after your water bill is mailed, giving you enough time to review the bill and, if necessary, call the District office.

If the 10th falls on a weekend or holiday, the deduction will be made on the next business day.

How much does this automatic bill payment service cost?

It's free!!

May I stop payment at any time?

Your authorization will remain in full force and effect until the Rural Water District office has received written notification from you of its termination in such time and in such manner as to afford the District and the financial institution a reasonable opportunity to act on it.

What happens if there are insufficient funds in my account?

The returned payment will be subject to established charges for a returned check.  If two (2) payments are returned during a 12-month period, your automatic bill payment will be terminated.

Who can I call if I have questions about automatic bill payment?

Call our office at 785-242-5508 or use the contact option on this website.

Other Options:

Our customers will still have all of the other payment options available that we have had in the past--by mail, in person or drop off, online or by phone.